Friday, February 21, 2014

Thursday, February 20th, 2014 a Gold Medal Kind of Day.

Today many many people were excited about two special gold medals Canadian people won in Sochi, Russia at the Olympics.
I was happy to hear about them too.
I was not able to watch the games or see the medal winning moments until this evening on you tube replays.
That was enough to make me happy and proud.

Mid afternoon found me driving my truck and thinking about where it might be interesting and different to take some pictures at.
I decided on the Shannon Lake area and what a delight it was.  The sun was shining in its afternoon glow.
The ice was blue and the surrounding trees were bold and yellow.

When I spied the two hockey nets on the smoothed out rink on the lake I was thrilled.
What a uniquely beautiful and fitting spot for this afternoon.
A Canadian special.












on the opposite side from the hockey nets - pretty sign but sad message 



2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful photos Glenda! I always get so homesick when I see them! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful and full of texture!
    Jerrie Lou

    ReplyDelete