Friday, May 4, 2012

DR Day 5 - Ocean World Fun

It was my day to plan and I chose to visit Ocean World.

Once we were ready to leave it only took us a few minutes to drive over there.
We could see a large sign from VIP beach at the resort.

Everything looked so nice and clean and well organized there. With our admission we also got lunch.

First we went right to the bird show and enjoyed seeing their fun they had been taught. The announcer said things in Spanish and then in English.

After that we went inside and looked at the lunch buffet. It had a lot to choose from (I had asked if there was anything without meat and was told no) -- salad bar, potatoes, cooked vegetables and French fries, breads, fruit and little cakes.

Shortly after we finished our meal (we had another ticket that let us go back for more food within the hour - but I did not use mine) we went to watch the dolphin show. I really enjoyed this and was glad Bryn took some pictures too as I seemed to have the wrong lens on often. She got some really great pictures.

We wondered around and then went back to where the bird show had been to see the sea lion show. Everything was well done.

It was soon time for us to get ready for our dolphin encounter and that was cool. It was not the same as being right in the beach with them and having a longer time but for Rebecca and me it was what we could do better.
The dolphin, Chicco, was so gentle and obedient.
All of us really enjoyed this time.

Then it was off to the nurse shark area and then soon time to leave.

What a fun time with God's creatures.

Enjoying that great pineapple
Taken by their photographer as we were not allowed to take our cameras in this area
Bryn took this wonderful photo!! I just love it. Thanks for sharing with me, Bryn.
I have no idea
Just to remind us how really great it was
Dolphin powered
Audience participation
Gorgeous day in Dominican Republic

1 comment:

  1. I love playing with dolphins! They are so smart! One propelled me thru the water once by pushing on my foot. When it noticed I had a 'lame' foot~he switched to the other one, and took me on a ride thru the water that i will never forget! I love, love, love Bryn's photo of the 3 dolphins jumping out of the water.

    ReplyDelete