Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My day

Some days are different then you planned the night before. Today I got a phone call and zipped over to a near by dentist in a few minutes and was there till about noon. It is so nice to have my broken-off tooth repaired. I appreciated this office getting me in.

I barely made it home and had a little soup before it was time to take off for my exercise class. It is so good to go to it after a weekend off. There were two new ladies in the group and the instructors made the session fun with a few new drills.


Since I was part way to the lake already, I took a few more minutes and went to Kinsmen Park at the beach and took a few photos for my photo challenge. The lake was frozen at the edges in this park and with the sun shining down on the ice, snow and water, it made for some pretty scenes.


Next it was time to hurry back home and change, then go to my folks place and pick them up to go for a late lunch date with them to celebrate a special day for them. We went to Lake Tai. It has been closed for several months as the place they used to have was taken down for building a big new complex. The new place is closer and the food was still really tasty. It is all vegetarian, Taiwanese food. Excellent!


Back home for a short while and had a little time to try to chat with Don before I went to our small group Bible study group and he went to a school board meeting.

At the end of our meetings we watched the new DVD out - Courageous. It was a though-provoking
movie to watch.

Just a little time to update my blog and talk to some of the family and then time for a good rest.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good day! I really like the pictures at Kinsmen. So crazy that the lake edges are frozen!! Also, I'm jealous of you going out to Lake Tai. I really miss that place. I have to say, I enjoy Taiwanese food a lot more than most Korean food (at least the Lake Tai variety of Taiwanese food). I'm happy you finally got to go back there, though!

    ReplyDelete