Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Flavoured

On Monday evening Don and I went to the grocery store.  It was nice to shop together as we usually don't have a chance to do that.
As we wandered in the fresh fruit and vegetable section I came across a pretty sight.

I took out my cell phone to take a quick photo to remember it and right then there was a lady by my side.  She started to talk to us about the water.  She asked if we had tried it yet?  We said no.  She told us that so many people enjoy the taste and that they make it different for different days.
Then she went off to find us little clear plastic tasting cups.  While she was away I did get my photo taken - I took three to make sure, and when she returned with the cups I noticed that she did have a store name tag on her shirt.

She poured out a small cupful for each of us and we drank it.  It was really nice and refreshing, tasty and great.  We made the right compliments about the drink and then I took a package of raspberries and a bunch of mint and laid them in the basket next to the sweet peppers.

The lady also told me where I could find a jar simliar to theirs and I thought quickly of the jar I already had at home I would use for this. My jar was from London Drugs and was not a costly purchase.  I did admire a really beautiful jar at a downtown store last year for a time, but the price always discouraged me from taking it home.

Tuesday morning I was ready with my jar, raspberries, mint and water.  They all looked so pretty when they were put together.

The bunch of fresh mint



I think it looked really pretty in the jar.
After  time I tasted the water and it was perfectly refreshing and inviting.


Next time you come to visit me you might be able to enjoy a glass of this delicious water.

Let me see.... what will I put in my jar today?


2 comments:

  1. Wow, those raspberries look so delicious! I think I might have had them all eaten before they could have been put in the water. Looks like such a tasty drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did eat some and they were so tangy and very good.
    Thanks for the comment, Ali.

    ReplyDelete