Saturday, March 15, 2014

Spring kite surfers in Kelowna

Driving home from taking some photos for a lovely bunch of ladies I drove past this scene.
I love happening upon events like this.
It is fun to stop for a short while and enjoy the sounds, sights, and feel of spring in Kelowna.

It was windy so there will be some of that for you to experience on the video and I have to learn quite a bit more on video 101 to be able to not zoom in too quickly, etc.
Still this was fun to take.
Do you see the two jumps of the wind surfer?


Coming down
The ones that were not in the water. So many surfers, such bright kites!
Every day, it seems, brings a new "friend" and this day was no exception. I was walking towards the lake from my truck when this man approached me and asked if my hands were cold? I told him no they were fine and he then asked if I could please help him zip up his wet suit vest. Of course I could help with that and, though it was tight, we managed to get the zipper started and then pulled all the way up. It reminded me of preschool teaching days when I was asked to help do up a jacket every day it seemed. Another fun memory.
Do you see him jumping?

2 comments:

  1. It looks like fun but also still pretty cold! JL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what an interesting activity to randomly come across! I hope they were all warm enough... :) Love the video and pictures of these active athletes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete