Monday, March 10, 2014

Thursday, March 6th with Dad

We thought this day was going to be much sooner then this but it worked out to be just at the right time.

Dad needed a carpal tunnel fix on his right wrist and this was the day.

We got to KGH early enough and did all the appropriate stops and spent a few minutes in the day care waiting room before being called to come in to the surgery room.
Everything was done so differently then when I had borth of my wrists fixed up.  One of mine was done in Kelowna after Tyler was already born and then the next one was done in Lacombe a few years later.

I remember sleeping a long time after both of my procedures.  Not quite sure now why, but I do know that one Dr saw me in the afternoon still sleeping and asked why I was still there, to which I answered, " I don't know."

Dad only had to wash up his hand and arm for five minutes while the timer ticked.  Then the nurse wrapped it in a white towel and had him sit and wait.  The surgeon was in the next room working with the door wide open.
I went to wait in the waiting room and then I saw the Dr leave and come back about 30 minutes later.  Dad said he was called to ER so that was a longer wait for Dad.
Once the Dr was back upstairs the surgery went quickly.

I asked the nurse at one point if I should go and put more money in the parking meter and she said, "Yes, do that."

It took a bit longer to get that accomplished and I heard a funny little happening in the under building parking lot while I was using the parking stall machine.

A van drove in and parked in a space near me.  Doors opened and a young boy about 12 crawled out of the back seat.  He hollered some and his grama was scared.  They laughed and laughed then and the boy said, " So did you not know I was in there the whole way?" The grama assured him she did not know but she did hear a cough once, was that him?  The boy laughed at his joke and stretched his back and shoulders from the long curled position he assumed in the vehicle.
The dad laughed and said, " Now we know you can be quiet for a whole hour!"

I enjoyed that little family fun as it helped me remember times with my children in the van.

By the time I was back up to the day care area Dad was sitting in the chair there waiting for me.
We got up and left to go back to the car that I just had put another hour of time in.

Glad it was such a quick time there and Dad is doing so well.  Hope this really helps him a lot.


washing up

back home and ready to dig in to the lovely meal sent from Nathan.

Lake Tai treat. 

1 comment:

  1. What nice pictures :) It's so good that he finally got his surgery, and that was very kind of Nathan to send the meal.

    ReplyDelete