Friday, February 17, 2012

February 17th - A Friday

Today I wanted to try a few new recipes.
We are trying to get healthier and are game for new ideas.

Mum asked me to buy them two lemons yesterday.   They were for adding to a morning glass of water.  Today I read about how good it was for our bodies to have this kind of lemon water first thing in the morning.
Since I had all the ingredients on hand - water from the tap and a lemon from the fridge - it was quite easy to make.


It was so refreshing I think I will try it again tomorrow.

One recipes I saw and wanted to try was easy. It was for Cauliflower Soup. 0 points.
The simple recipe was to boil together a head of cauliflower, diced onions, sliced carrots, garlic cloves, with a few seasonings. (Hope I did not forget one or two things.)
Then scoop out the veggies and put in a blender and blend well.
Add back into the broth and add a small amount (two T) of fat-free evaporated milk.
It was delicious and I am wanting to make more.


The next recipe was for a green drink.
Since I do not have a juicer as yet, I used my trusty Bosch blender.
Into the blender I put half a lemon, skin and all, two apples, ice, two stalks of celery, and cucumber... all was still good and the tiny bit that flew out of the blender onto the surface beside me tasted great.
Then I added the last ingredient and it was not so great any more to my taste buds. Kale.


Don drank his glassful all down and seemed to enjoy it.
I drank some and stopped.
I drank some more and added the second apple. I tried it again.
Hmmmm, I think I would rather eat my veggies in a soup - nice and hot.

2 comments:

  1. Water with lemon...the best drink! Kale...it's an acquired taste! Keep up the good work you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first two pictures looks great. But the last ones, I'm sorry, but they look pretty terrible. Ick... Haha, glad Dad enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete