Friday, February 3, 2012

Foggy Balloon Day - Feb 3rd

Today was a day I was looking forward to. It was the balloon launch in Vernon for Winter Carnival.
I was glad they were late as I was not there for the 9 a.m. start. When I stopped at the Info Center they told me it would now be at 12:30 p.m. and at Sawiki Park.
I went there and waited.
I had fun taking pictures of the frost left by the fog.
I waited.
I talked to a nice man in the car beside me. He told me to take pictures with the sun over my shoulder. He also told me if the wind was not right they might be starting at Swan Lake or the airport.
He was right.
It was over the north end of Swan Lake.

Fog and balloons --- fun.

Fog kind of day
The first one I saw
Back into the fog (this is a colour photo)
*Wish I knew how to turn this so it is right side up
How many are there?
The fog left this on the tree by Swan Lake
I think they were going to throw a duck into a pot on the lake or something, to be the winner
Can you see all of the balloons or not?
Coming up to the duck drop
So bright and pretty now
Looks like Easter eggs to me
Too bad, he dropped and couldn't pull it up
On the way to Vernon this morning

4 comments:

  1. Hi Glenda ~ thanks for sharing your link on Facebook. I'm now following your blog. What a great post. Your pictures are really amazing! I love it when you post photos of home...they make me a tad homesick, but I love seeing them just the same. Thanks for sharing! ~Stacy~ xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so glad to have you following my posts now.
      I really like to take them with Ali in mind or Ty or who ever is out of country just then.
      Glad you like them too, but sorry they make you homesick.
      I am trying to show the parts of Kelowna that are changing too.
      Thanks for the note! Appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. Oh what fun to watch balloons! Brings back memories of riding in one. But it was a little warmer weather when we took off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wonderful to see all these cheery balloons floating around! Those photos in the fog were quite different and interesting. I'm glad they were all able to launch and you could get these great pictures!

    ReplyDelete