Friday, June 1, 2012

Bible Verse for May 31, 2012

Week 20

Philippians 4:11 and 12 NIV

" I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."


This verse must be in my mind from thinking about a radio talk show this week.
A man was talking about the difference between being happy and being content.  He was definitely of the opinion that we do not have to or should not force ourselves to be happy all the time now matter of how we are feeling.  At the same time we can be calm and content.
I put this on my facebook status and people wrote about what they thought.   I found it very interesting.
We can learn to be content even if we are not in a very happy situation or if we have suffered a loss.
Living with Jesus in our lives will help us adjust. We can trust Him and be content.
His promises are so comforting.


Going over the edge on his first rope decent.  Excited but content. 

The regal, busyness of a palace and the beautiful grounds. 

The early morning calm in Germany -- 


This little chipmunk seems content on the gravel, eating a little seed. 

My Auntie is such a wonderful woman.   She used to live in California. She used to have a nice large home here in town. At that time she also had a little camper van to enjoy camp meeting in.  She had a condo and sold her house.  Now she lives in a long term care facility.   See the big smile on her face.   I think she has learned the lesson in the Bible verse. 



3 comments:

  1. Loved the pictures and how well they go along with this wonderful verse. You're right, Auntie Beth always does seem content and happy. She's a real example and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she is such an example to me and encourager too.
      glad you and your siblings know her.

      Delete
  2. I love your photos illustrating your verses! Been meaning to tell you that for a long time! :)

    ReplyDelete