Monday, June 4, 2012

June Challenge - Tourist in My Own Town

June 4th, 2012
Greenway/ Mission Creek


The Hollywood Road Starting place. 

A person can walk all the way to Pinnacle Rock in Gallaghers Canyon ( as we knew it when I was a kid)  at the far end of the pathway. 


The lakeside starting or almost ending spot off of Lakeshore Road.


Mission Creek is pretty high right now due to rain in this area. 

Poppies growing along side the trail are starting to wilt but are still bright and pretty. 

It is true!

I like the signs and the hand and fish symbols. 
 I have never walked the whole length of the Greenway but have enjoyed parts of it.   When it is complete it will be 22 kilometers long.



3 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures. Maybe I will have to try walking part of it some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, let's walk some of it one nice summer day.
      It is really a nice walk. I think walkers can go on the path ok.

      Delete
  2. One of my favourite spots in all of Kelowna is along that trail. Some great memories were made there, especially with Pepper Dog. I've never walked it all either, but I have biked from Hollywood Rd. to the lake and also walked from Hollywood a good ways in the other direction. It would be neat to do the whole thing someday. Thanks for sharing great pictures of a wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete