Monday, June 4, 2012

June Challenge - Tourist in My Own Town

June 3rd, 2012
Waterfront Park and Bird Sanctuary
Kelowna, B. C.

Starting out 


The park is so nicely groomed.



A backward look. 











The start of the bird sanctuary. 



I love lupines!




This was one wiggly little duck. 

A very busy red winged black bird. 
They were so bright and pretty and plentiful too. 

















The end of the walk.  We were driving for this photo, but pulled to the side of the road so I could take it.
It was such a lovely time in the cool of the evening.   Many other people had the same idea and several others had their cameras along too.

I enjoyed the fact that were benches all along the way so it was easy to have a little break.
When you come to visit Kelowna, make sure you take the waterfront board walk walk.  I think you will enjoy it.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what gorgeous pictures of a place all Kelowna-ites love! Thanks for the photo tour so I could join you from afar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, so glad you came along on the walk with us.
      It was such a nice time to walk there.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures. They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to look at the blog, Mum, and to respond too.
      I am glad you like the pictures.

      Delete